Self-employment in Switzerland
Starting from June 2002, EU passport holders
can apply to become self-employed in Switzerland. This is a great
and positive change - until then, only people with C permits and the Swiss could be self-employed in Switzerland. All
others had to be salaried - from their own company if they wanted,
Who can become self-employed in
- Have a EU
passport (Click if you do not)
- Have an economic activity that is not
protected in Switzerland (you can't be a notary public for example)
- Have an annual income of over 100,000 CHF (equivalent to approximately $89,000, £44,000 or 61,000)
- Live in Switzerland for at least 180 days (some exceptions possible if in good faith)
- To obtain this permit it is essential that we can demonstrate beyond reasonable doubt that your business will start earning you enough money to live on from the first month. If your plan is to open a restaurant or start a business from scratch that may take a year to break even, it is unlikely we will represent you because the chance of success would not be high enough.
- Not sure if you qualify ? Contact us
|What benefits does a Swiss residence permit give you?|
- You can live in Switzerland with your spouse, financially dependent
descendants and ascendants (children, parents,
grand-parents, nephews, nieces, great-grand-children, etc...)
- Swiss taxes are much
lower than those of our European neighbors
- There is much less red tape for self-employed
people in Switzerland than in the UK, France, Italy or Germany
- Buy Swiss real estate without restrictions
- Move within Switzerland without restrictions
- Immediately a special CE permit valid for 5 years!
- Enjoy one of the highest quality of life in the world
- Be located only an hour from London, Paris or Milan
|What services does your company offer?|
Our company offers you a one-stop solution for relocating in Switzerland as self-employed. We make the whole process hassle-free - just tell us what you need and we'll get it.
- Application for residence permits to the
municipal, cantonal and federal authorities
- We take care of all Swiss taxes
- Swiss VAT registration if necessary
- Commercial Register inscription
- Help to locate commercial premises
- Help to find employees if necessary
- Assistance to set up a Swiss accounting system
- Help with selecting the area that best matches your needs
- Home search (buying and renting, both houses and appartments)
- Assistance in import your personal items, works of art, cars, pets or wine cellar
- We can set up all Swiss insurances
(medical, house, car, etc...)
- Personnalized assistance for electricity, telephone, Internet
access, a satellite dish, etc...
Micheloud & Co.?|
The Micheloud family has been helping their clients move to Switzerland for over 35 years. We work on the basis of fixed fees payable according to the progress made. These fees are reasonable and only depend on the work to be done, not on how wealthy you are. (More about us ...).
Don't hesitate to contact us for a free consultation.
There are many reasons to retire in Switzerland: