|Tips for dealing with the Swiss government:|
Home > Business Guide > Table of Contents > Government > Tips
- Speak the local language or ask somebody who
does to act for you .
- Never be rude or impatient on the phone.
- Give your name when calling.
- Prepare a one-phrase summary of your problem
and call. You will be directed to a chain of
people until you reach the one you need.
- Take down the name of the person you talked
to and his/her direct phone number.
- Donít call before 9 A.M. or after 4 P.M.
- If you need to fill in a form, ask them to send it and
then call the person in charge of processing for any questions on how to fill it in appropriately.
- If you need to pay a fee, do it in the way they suggest
(usually cash or through the Swiss Post).
- Donít even think about bribing an official: people
are well paid, honest and corruption is
almost unheard of in Switzerland.