What is a B permit?
Home > Swiss Residency > Residence permits > FAQ > General questions > B permit

A B permit (permis de séjour, Aufenthaltsbewilligung, permesso di soggiorno ) is an annual residence permit. It gives you the right to live in Switzerland for 180 days a year or more. It has to be renewed every year. It also gives the right to your spouse and children below 18 to come and live with you.

EU citizens will get a CE permit, which is a vamped-up version of the B permit with more rights and less restrictions.

EU citizen with existing B permits will receive a new CE permit as their B permit expire.

© Micheloud & Cie 2013      Tel. ++41 21 331 48 48  info@switzerland.isyours.com. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form or by any means without our prior written permission. Printed from http://Switzerland.isyours.com/e/faq/b-permit.html